Use eMuseum to search and view catalogue information, descriptions and images of objects.
Use the options in the left menu to begin browsing the objects:
- Type a word under 'Quick Search' and click to run a general search. eMuseum will search for instances of your search word in the title, description, material, etc. of objects in the exhibitions.
- Click "Highlights of Selected Exhibitions" to browse selected groups of objects from exhibitions past and present
- Click "Search" to search for specific works, using a variety of criteria such as name, country of origin, date, etc.
Highlights pages show groups of objects from exhibitions past and present.
Click the "Highlights" option in the left navigation bar to open a list of available collections. Then click on a specific title to see the group of objects.
Click "Search" in the left navigation bar to search for specific records.
To do a general search, enter a term in the box and click .
eMuseum will find objects in the collection that have your term in the title, material, description, etc.top
After opening a collection or running a search, you can view results in various ways:
- Small images with a simple caption
- List without images
- Full details about a specific record
The title of each result page gives you a context for the group of records you are viewing:
Specifies that you opened a collection from the left menu; the name of the selected collection displays in the title.
- Object Search
Specifies that you ran a search for objects; your search criterion displays in the title.
- See Also
Specifies that you clicked a link in a page to view related records; see below for more details.
In the upper right corner of every result page, eMuseum displays the total number of records in the result set, and specifies which records are displayed on the current page. For example, you may see 'Results 7 to 12 of 54' when you are on the second page of a set of 54 records.
On the line below, you have options for moving through the record set. Click the or buttons to move forward or backward one page at a time. Click or to move forward by ten pages at a time. Click or to jump to the beginning or end of the listings. Or to select a particular page, click on its number (page 11 is highlighted in the example below).
On the detail page for specific records ( ), eMuseum may present you with links to related information. Click these links to begin wandering through the objects, following paths that interest you.
The right vertical bar of each detail page contains a "See Also..." panel with images of related objects, if there are any. This bar is designed to help you easily find other objects of interest to you. Click an image to open the detail page for that object.
Some names and terms within the detail page may also be hyperlinked. For example:
- Click a person's name in the object detail page to open a page of biographical information.