Origin: America, Southeast, Virginia, Williamsburg
OL: 24"; OW: 8 1/4"; Depth: 3 3/8"
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Acc. No. 2006-139 (R)
A violin with a spruce top plate and maple neck and back. The fingerboard, tailpiece, pegs, saddle, and end button are of ebony. This is copied from accession number 1948-3.
Provenance:Made in-house by George D. Wilson and Larry V. Bowers in 1975 in Colonial Williamsburg's "Musical Instrument Maker's Shop"
Mark(s):In pen on a paper label: "Made by Geo. D. Wilson / and Larry V. Bowers in / the film Musical Instrument / Maker of Williamsburg. 1975"